Sunday, October 01, 2006

Junior State of America

Junior State of America

Hello JSA-ers,this is Jonathan Kim posting. I have attended the JSA Leadership Conference this Saturday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. Phoenix was there as well; however, left at a bit early. It was very exciting and I have learned so much about JSA. This Tuesday, I want to speak about the Fall Convention that will be taking place in this November. It seems "America at the Crossroads" was last years event, and I received very old news.
Thirty two schools all over SoCal came and 137 students were at the Concert Hall at SMC. Apparently, Hollywood High is part of the "AR" region. I believe AR stands for Angeles Region. The SoCal governor was present, and he gave a speech. I went to a meeting where all the presidents from different high schools gathered and socialized, watched "Sometimes in April", went to a chapter leadership workshop, and attended a town hall debate where the topic was about gun rights. Politics is very exciting, and more people participating in debates makes the experience fun. Anyway, that is the brief summary of what happened this Saturday at the 2006 JSA Leadership Conference.

No comments: