Tuesday, September 26, 2006

September 26, 2006

Meeting Started at 11:48 AM

We wasted several minutes to get eveyrone in order *cough cough* please give Phoenix and Jonathan your undivided attention next time :P

Anywho, the Debate over the Oil Drilling in Alaska went pretty well. Jasmin started off with her arguments which were PRO drilling, and Phoenix expanded on why she is for the drilling in Alaska. I (Catherine) continued with my opinions as to why I am against the drilling (con). After I was finished I believe Jack argued for the Pro's side, and Elise argued for the cons. Andrey presented the closing speech/argument and votes were totalled, Cons won the debate.

Next week's debate will be on Capital Punishment! This time research on BOTH PROs AND CONs. Good luck with the research and have a great week!

Meeting Ended at 12:07

~Secretary (Cat)

No comments: